Saturday, March 6, 2010

Johnny Rotten Almost Cast As Lead In Quadrophenia

Johnny Rotten was apparently the first choice to play the lead role of Jimmy in the 1979 movie Quadrophenia.

Phil Daniels, the actor who eventually landed the part, told XFM:

“I did a film called Zulu Dawn and in Bob Hoskins’ mud hut there was a telephone. I got a call for an audition and came back to London from Africa.

“There were three of us that did a screen test and I got the part in the end. I know Johnny Rotten was one of them. He could have been Jimmy in Quadrophenia. I think they maybe couldn’t insure him. That was one of the stories.


“It would have been a bit of a different film (if he’d got the part).”

Source Site:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/johnny-rotten-nearly-got-main-role-in-quadrophenia/

No comments:

Post a Comment